Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Parenting - Breaking The Chain of Wanting

Assalamu'alaikum wr. wb.,

This morning it came across my mind about our 'lil Ibn's behaviour (on Monday)at the place where I learn to recite the Quran. First of all, my intention of bringing him is to expose the atmosphere of Quran learning. Secondly, he is having his June school holidays. Thirdly, I want to carry out my role as a mother and less burdening my Dearie Hubby.

About his behaviour on Monday - very persistent about wanting to bring home the pink Iqra' book belonging to Ustazah, despite telling him that I have one that is the same. I ignored and let him cry on the way home. After 2 days, he still can remember about the book the moment I told him that I am going for my Quran class the next day. Hmmm... Ibn has to learn that he cannot bring home anything from outside all the time we are out of the house.

After further thinking about this matter, I manage to 'search' the root of the problem. At least one week once, Ibn goes to my parents place, which is just next door away from my Aunt's place. My aunt has 4 kids. Ibn will go there to play with my youngest cousin, Dina and Syahin, and at times Filza and Hakim when they come by. Each time he came back to my parents' place, there must be something he brings back especially a toy/toys. Not that I know of then that this has been a habit.

At this point of time, it is to break the chain of this 'bad' habit. A project hubby and I need to carry out ASAP. Insya Allah.

Ummu Mukhtaar

No comments: