Thursday, October 9, 2008

On my interests...

As I go through my short passge of life on this old Earth, I was amazed at how my hobbies and interests changed all these years.

As a child, I had no real hobbies except playing catching and Hantam Bola (literal translation: ball-beating).

As a teenager in secondary school, I still have no real hobbies. I tried to like soccer and jamming just like my peers. However, all this could not stick with me. I want to go into photography. No encouragement, not enough funds - I was forced to abandon this after buying a lousy camera.

As a poly student my hobby is listening to classic mystical rock, glam metal, thrash metal, grunge, Indie, alternative rock and many more... But upon entering NS all this slowly left me. My second hobby is computers - assembling, fixing, troubleshooting, hacking, exploring programs and of course gaming. This continues till the end of NS, when I have the urge to look for a wife...

In NUS, I seeked God and His Prophet s.a.w. Many interesting paths I discovered but not all lead into the same destination. I've found my second father during this time. Only marriage can bring peace to my heart that is in pure turmoil.

After working, getting married and having two children, I'm more settled no matter how harsh living can be. All my previous hobbies are replaced by the good time I spend with my family... Until I'm reunited with photography... It took me a total of four digital cameras to turn my photography passion into an obsession. Now I yearn for a DSLR.

No comments: